RescoManager is a software application for managing the financing, selection, installation, operation, maintenance and final disposal of renewable energy equipment.
The software has two main objectives:
- to assist RESCOs in overcoming the challenges involved in providing rural electrification services to remote locations, and
- to allow them to offer a service that is affordable, sustainable, of good quality, environmentally sound, and able to open new opportunities to the local population.
The RescoManager team believes that to successfully implement a project in rural electrification depends on three factors:
- It has been conceptualised to be flexible enough to adapt to any project, technology or institutional structure without having to change a single line of code. This is possible thanks to the component actions and the tree structure given to the three main families.
- It is made out of three modules: financial, technical and logistics; plus the more generic user's module,
- It has been designed to run in both: the smallest computer (e.g. an OLPC) and the most advanced server, and to do it on-line and off-line,
- Is being programmed in python, and by default it runs on a MySQL database.
RescoManager is open source and very soon a non-profit organisation will be set in the state of Victoria, Australia, to champion it.
- If you wish to read more about it, just follow the above links.
- to see who is behind the project, go to the section stakeholders, and
- to read about what is being done, go to the section activities.